Bleak is an acronym for Bluetooth Low Energy platform Agnostic Klient.
- Free software: MIT license
- Documentation: https://bleak.readthedocs.io.
Bleak is a GATT client software, capable of connecting to BLE devices acting as GATT servers. It is designed to provide a asynchronous, cross-platform Python API to connect and communicate with e.g. sensors.
- Supports Windows 10, version 16299 (Fall Creators Update)
- Supports Linux distributions with BlueZ >= 5.43
- OS X/macOS support via Core Bluetooth API, from at least OS X version 10.11
Bleak supports reading, writing and getting notifications from GATT servers, as well as a function for discovering BLE devices.
- Bleak backends
- Interfaces, exceptions and utils